Friday, February 29, 2008

Going to Orlando in March

For the first time since we were teenagers, my sister, brother and I will be taking a vacation together. I've rented a condo in Kissimmee, FL and we'll spend a week sightseeing around Orlando. We've all been to Orlando before, but my brother hasn't been since the 1980s. He'll be bringing along his wife and six year old son, Joey. We'll be taking Joey to the Magic Kingdom for the first time. I have to wonder if the boy knows what awaits him. The Magic Kingdom opened when I was a teenager, so I don't have fond memories as a small child of seeing Main Street or Cinderella's Castle for the first time. I can't wait to see Joey's face!
We'll only be able to spend one day at WDW, but we will also be going to Sea World. We are all marine animal lovers, so Sea World seems like a safe bet for a good time. My sister, brother-in-law, husband and I will also be going to Epcot for a day. Of all the Disney parks, Epcot is our favorite. My brother and sister-in-law are passing on going to Epcot with Joey--they will spend the day at the condo's heated pool if the weather's nice.
Does anyone out there have other suggestions for fun activities in the Orlando area for six year olds?

No comments: