Sunday, June 15, 2008

Living in a Construction Zone

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

For the past month, my husband, two cats, and I have lived in a construction zone. We are converting our guest bedroom to a master bath and walk in closet. Very needed additions to our 50+ year old brick ranch style house. So, the past few weeks have been a whirlwind of packing up most of our clothes and selecting everything from tile to paint colors for the new rooms. Our two cats are used to having the run of the house, but they have had to stay in "their room" during the day when most of the work is being done. We are over half finished (I hope!) and we haven't had too many surprises--given the age of our home.

It definitely is a big plus to have an architect husband and a contractor brother-in-law. Between these two wonderful guys, I know everything is being taken care of and the end product will be stunning. I can't wait until it's over (but then I have to really clean every room of the house!). Perhaps I can get some time off from work....

No comments: