Friday, September 28, 2007

Quest 7 Photos! Photos! Everywhere!


Their Eyes Wall Hanging
Originally uploaded by nlw29407
Okay, I love Flickr. I was lucky to take the SCSL course at the Main Library earlier this year and have been playing around with it ever since. I've just uploaded a picture I took at our branch of the quilted wall hanging by Nora R. Williams. It shows Janie, from Their Eyes Were Watching God, looking up to the sky and watching God. Janie's hair leaps off the wall hanging--it's a wonderful piece of art. The wall hanging will be leaving our library to go to Main and be part of an exhibit in the Saul Alexander Gallery during October. So, if you want to view it in person, be sure to stop by the gallery next month.

I think Flickr would be wonderful for new parents who have family members scattered around the world. Just upload all those cute baby snap shots, and all the family (with Internet access) would be able to enjoy them!

To see all my Flickr photos, click here.

No comments: