Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Quest 12: Sights and Sounds

I found this 1980s library exercise video really funny! It transported me back to my undergraduate days...we've come a long way, baby!


I can see YouTube becoming addictive very fast! I found it easy to lose all track of time while I was searching for videos on all kinds of topics. I can see libraries using this technology to promote programs and draw the "techno generation" into our facilities. I am a little concerned about privacy. I wouldn't want anyone to post a video of me on YouTube without my permission.

I love podcasts and subscribe to many of them at iTunes. I decided to try out Podcast Alley. I found a podcast all about Harry Potter called Sword of Gryffindor. It references a podcast available through iTunes called, Hog's Head PubCast. The current hot topic (of course) deals with the recent revelation that Dumbledore was gay.

I'm a big fan of Podcasts--audio and video ones. I've been working on producing an audio podcast, but first I have to get over not liking the sound of my recorded voice!

1 comment:

Tama R. Howard said...

Nancy, that clip is just too damn funny! I needed that today!
Tama