Thursday, August 16, 2007

Quest 3: I'M IMing

I started Instant Messaging earlier this year after attending the State Library's workshop in the TLC and fell in love with Meebo.com. My friends outside the library do not IM. I have a few close friends who live "long distance" from me and I would love to get them all on meebo to IM. I'm a fair typist, so I don't become too frustrated trying to keep an IM conversation going, but I do see where it could become an issue for the inexperienced or non-typist.
I find it easy to talk with one or two people via IM, but groups of more than a few people can get tricky. It easy to "talk over" someone else and several conversations to be going on at once between different group members.
Regardless of these difficulties, I still find IM fun and so much better than waiting for an email reply!

No comments: